Welcome to the Carmine Chamber of Commerce
Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 206 Carmine, TX 78932
Marlene Waak | President
979.278.3270 | 979.451.1507
First Thursday of each month
Board meeting at 6:30 PM, even months
Chamber of Commerce Meeting at 6:30 PM, odd months
Location: Depot Museum
OFFICERS - 2017:
Marlene Waak, President
James Press, Vice-president
Valerie Moore, Secretary
Jerry Knox, Treasurer
Kelli Sanford, Director
J.C. Pohl, Director
Daryl Ray, Director
Brick Peele, Director
PROGRAMS SPONSORED BY THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Farmers Market & City Wide Garage Sale: March & September
- Parade Float for the Round Top Fourth of July Celebration and other local celebrations
- Christmas Fest-First Sunday in December at the Carmine Hall
- Christmas Fest is first Saturday of December
- Christmas Lights for the City of Carmine
- Museum & Visitors Center
- The Carmine Chamber of Commerce was formed in 1948.
- In 1953 the Chamber of Commerce purchased and had street lights installed in the city.
- The sanitary landfill operated by the city was purchased by the Chamber of Commerce for the benefit of the all citizens of Carmine.
- In 1952 during the polio outbreak in the United States the Chamber of Commerce financed the building of an "ir on lung" which was built primarily by Walter Fuchs.