CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
248 Sylvan St. | PO Box 206 | Carmine, TX 78932
- Promote and advance the interests of the Carmine Business community and provide assistance to new companies and individuals looking to locate in or around the Carmine area.
- Promote civic, economic, industrial, agricultural, educational development, tourism and the general welfare of its members and the people of the area.
- Support and encourage cultural and civic activities which expand and improve the quality of life in this area.
- First Thursday of the Month at the Visitor Center & Museum
- Board Meeting: 6:30 PM (Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug, Oct, Dec)
- Members Meeting: 6:30 PM (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept, Nov)
PROGRAMS SPONSORED BY THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- Casino Night in August
- Parade Float for the Round Top Fourth of July Celebration and other local celebrations
- Texas Mixer & Awards Night
- Christmas Fest-First Sunday in December at the Carmine Hall
- Christmas Lights for the City of Carmine & Christmas Glow Project for Merchants
- Museum & Visitors Center
- Park Project
- A Proud Sponsor of "Adventure 290"
- The Carmine Chamber of Commerce was formed in 1948.
- In 1953 the Chamber of Commerce purchased and had street lights installed in the city.
- The sanitary landfill operated by the city was purchased by the Chamber of Commerce for the benefit of the all citizens of Carmine.
- In 1952 during the polio outbreak in the United States the Chamber of Commerce financed the building of an "iron lung" which was built primarily by Walter Fuchs.