2019 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION CARMINE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Carmine Chamber of Commerce is offering a $1,000 scholarship in 2019 to a student interested in furthering his/her education beyond high school.
To be eligible for the Carmine Chamber scholarship, an applicant must:
• Be a graduating senior of RoundTop-Carmine ISD OR another high school if the senior ranked student has been involved with the Carmine area service projects.
• Have the intention to further his/her education and/or training in some career choice.
• Has been accepted to an accredited education institution.
• Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale. A copy of current high school transcript with class size ranking must be submitted.
• Be involved in school activities.
• Be involved in community, church, &/or civic organizations.
• Be a citizen of the United States and a resident of the State of Texas. Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, gender, religion or ethnicity.
This scholarship will be paid by check from the Carmine Chamber of Commerce and payable to the educational entity that the student will be attending during the upcoming school year. Payment is dependent on the receipt of proof of registration for classes. Money should be used for the school year 2019-2020. If, for any reason money is not used, it will revert to the Carmine Chamber of Commerce funds.
Applications with the required documents can be submitted to the Round Top – Carmine High School counselor or mailed to: Carmine Chamber of Commerce, P.O. Box 206, Carmine, Texas 78932 before the deadline (If you have any questions after reading this entire application packet, please call 979-451-1507). All applications become property of the Carmine Chamber, and all information provided on the application will be handled in a confidential manner by the Carmine Chamber. Scholarship recipient(s) will be acknowledged at various events and publications. It is encouraged that the recipient attends the Awards Mixer at J.W.’s Pavilion the following spring to be recognized.
By applying for this scholarship, you are consenting for the release of your picture andname to be published.